EATUC ‘s main goal is to integrate workers’ interests and efforts in the East African region with a view to develop a common approach towards enhancing social and economic justice through the participation of workers’ organizations at all levels of the regional integration EATUC is keen at reviewing its strategic plan to ensure it meets its objectives as an organization.
The following are currently EATUC’s priority areas:
- Strengthening of EATUC Secretariat
- Strengthening the Capacity of EATUC and its Affiliates for Influencing a Social Agenda in the EAC
- Mainstreaming of gender and youth issues at national and EAC levels
- Trade union engagement on the EAC regional integration issues
- Research Capacity Development in Trade Union, Human and Trade Union Rights in East Africa
- Supporting trade unions in the EAC to mitigate the negative impact of global financial crisis.